A friend of ours did this side-by-side comparison after Casey posted some new pics of the babies on Facebook and I had to share. The picture on the left is Eliot when she was somewhere between 6 and 9 months old. The picture on the left is Lila on her 9 month birthday. The similarities are striking! Not only is it cool to see the two girls look so similar, it’s also adds another piece to the Eliot/Lila bond that began before the babies were born. Here’s a run-down of some of the events that have us very excited to watch how the relationship between the two girls develops over the years:
- When Casey was pregnant, one of the babies always got up underneath her ribs on her right side and caused her considerable pain. Every time this happened, Eliot said that it was Lila who was being the trouble-maker.
- When I took Eliot up to the NICU to see the babies for the first time, we had not assigned any of their names yet. At that time, they were just babies A, B, C, D, and E. As I was holding Eliot in my arms and walking around to each of their cribs she didn’t have much to say, seemingly overwhelmed by the experience and trying to reconcile the images in her head of a newborn baby with these heavily wired, hooded, sunglass wearing little alien creatures that she was now being told were her new sisters and brother. When we got to Baby D, she immediately pointed to her and said, “This one is Lila!” We had no idea at the time how we were going to assign the names we had picked out, but clearly this one had to be Lila!
- To date, Eliot has given one baby a nickname and she gave it to Lila the day she came home from the hospital, christening her “Lila Bear” the moment she saw her that day.
- Both Eliot and Lila were born with umbilical hernias that went away on their own after about six months. None of the other babies had one of these.
- Everyone who sees Lila (and there have been many, many people!) has said that Lila looks just like Eliot from the very beginning. Even people who have only seen the two girls in pictures from the blog have commented that they look exactly alike. I guess the picture above is the final verdict!
Who knows what all of these connections mean, but Casey and I can’t help but feel that there is a special bond between these two little beauties…can’t wait to see what’s next as the relationship grows!
Here are some other pics that were taken the day before the annual Red River Rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma. Texas took the title once again!!